Thursday 17 July 2014

How to... Festival Hair Styles

I know that we are about half way through the festival season but I was thinking about the upcoming festival I am going to and thinking about what to do with my hair. Festivals are difficult when it comes to your hair and appearance as you want to look nice but you don't want to spend forever doing your hair in the morning or having to use heat as a) you probably won't have easy to use electricity and b) it will make your hair frizzy in the heat and humidity. Due to these points I have decided on a few different hairstyles to do when I am at Reading. 
1) Salt spray waves:
This is such an easy style to do if you have longish hair that has some random curls/waves in like mine. All you have to do is brush you hair, flick your hair over your head so you can see it and its all together and spray the salt spray on your hair. Then, all you have to do is scrunch. This will give you wavy and messy hair which lasts and looks good without looking like you've tried to hard or that you care too much (you're supposed to be carefree at festivals). 
2) Plaits:
Plaits are so easy to do and looks so good with so many different variations it looks good on nearly everyone. One of my favorite plaits to do is a side plait as I have a side parting and long hair so it suits my hair type. It also doesn't make you look about five years old which is good. To do a side plait just pull your hair to one side of you neck, section it into three parts and start plaiting with the section nearest your neck so there aren't as many fly always. Another easy style you can do is have two plaits either side of your head although you have to be careful as it doesn't suit everybody and can make you look like a toddler. 
3) Buns:
I am awful at doing buns but they are easy (if you can do them nicely) and quick.
4) Ponytail:
A simple ponytail can be quite effective if you have wavy/messy hair and can't be bothered to do anything else. As long as it isn't tightly tied back it can look good and natural. 
I hope this has helped if you are off to a festival and I also hope you have a good time :D (sorry for the bad photo's, I tried :D) and  credit to my friend Abi for taking the photos
em,

No comments:

Post a Comment