Monday 7 July 2014

If I Stay

This is a film I am really looking forward to seeing. The reason for this is not just because I love Chloƫ Grace Mortez but because the book is one I have been dying to read for a long time and the trailer had me in tears. The storyline is also good since its not been an abused one.
The book was released in 2009 and is written by Gayle Foreman, an American author.
"17-year-old Mia deals with the aftermath of a catastrophic car accident involving her family. In a coma, Mia has an out-of-body experience, and watches as friends and family gather at the hospital where she is being treated. Mia watches as her memories flash before her eyes as she comes to realize that she must decide if she is to wake up and lead a life far more difficult than she ever anticipated, or to slip away and die."
The reason I am so interested in the book is because its from the point of view of the person in a coma rather than those who are affected which is a more common storyline. The film has the same storyline and is said to be released on August the 22nd but I'm not sure if this is the American release date or not. Chloe Grace Mortez is accompanied by Mireille Enos, Lauren Lee Smith, Liana Liberato, Jamie Blackley and Aliyah O'Brien in this upcoming great.

2 comments: