Tuesday 10 June 2014

Nick & Norah's Infinite Playlist (film)


Infinite playlist.jpg
Today I have been off ill and I decided to spend my day catching up on all the films I wanted to watch or the ones I brought on a wim. One of those films was 'Nick & Norah's Infinite Playlist' starring Michael Cera and Kat Dennings, based on the book of the same name. Incase you are wondering what it about the here is the description: "After a chance encounter, Nick and Norah embark on a journey through New York's indie rock scene on a quest to find the secret show of a legendary band, and wind  up finding each other." However, after watching this film I wouldn't describe it this way but thats not to say it wasn't a great film. Also, the tagline is "Every night has a soundtrack" which doesn't really follow the films story as there was a lack of actual music playing and 'soundtracks' but more talk of music and songs being played in the background. Overall I enjoyed the film in the heartwarming, happy ending sense and I was left with a content feeling, but, in my eyes, this follows the classic type of film whose characters and story line floats around music, which, when you've seen quite a few of them, does get a bit boring. I still found myself being dragged into the story though and my desire to scream at Cera's character 'Nick' was unbelievable. Another character I found myself wanting to shout at was 'Tris' played by Alexis Dziena but for different reasons, she's a total cow in the film. One thing I did admire about this film is the involvement with the gay scene which I think has made the film look more interesting and enabled it to take a slightly different  route with the storyline and how the characters are able to interact. I have also decided to look for the book as I am interested in seeing how the book has been interpreted and, as they say, the book is alway better than the film. I think I would rate this a strong 7 out of 10 and its currently £1.72 on Amazon. 


As usual my Twitter is @sunbrann where I will update you when I have a new post up and my Instagram is @sun.bran where I will also have updates on new blog pots and feature some of my photography.

No comments:

Post a Comment