Monday 4 August 2014

Holiday Diary! Days 1 & 2

Last week me and my mom went on holiday to Llandudno (North Wales) and we arrived to beautiful weather. As soon as we got there we went for a walk around, did a bit of shopping and padded in the sea. Theres a beautiful victorian pier in Llandudno which we walked up. At the end there is an arcade which four air hockey tables and we couldn't resist. We played two games, the first I won and the second I lost. On the way back down the pier we stopped in some of the shops, one of which was a bargain book shop. Since I have a slight addiction to buying books I came out with three Jodi Picoult books; My Sisters Keeper, Nineteen Minutes and Salem Falls. These have now been added to the wardrobe full of books to read :)
We had Indian for tea that night and just as we left the heavens opened and it began pouring down so me and mom walked back to the B&B in pouring rain taking pictures. It was magical since there are lots of fairy lights along the streets and the sky was a beautiful misty blue colour. 
The next day we decided to buy an actual camera for my photography stuff and to use for the blog so we strolled down to Argos and brought my beautiful purple Nikon. On the way back we took some photos on the front (I would show but I am using them for a competition) and went back into town. Here I revisited a great book shop and brought yet another book; You Had Me At Hello by Mhairi McFarlane. Oops. For tea we visited this amazing Chinese place and then waked up the beach in yet more rain. 
If you don't know, Alice Liddell, the inspiration for Lewis Carroll's 'Alice In Wonderland' had a holiday cottage here and this is where most of the story was based on so all around Llandudno there are sculptures and places associated with the story and family. It is all on a trail which we completed later on in the week but on this night we visited the Madhatter statue, one of the less creepy of them all. After, we went back to the B&B and had a chilled evening.
em,

No comments:

Post a Comment