Tuesday 26 August 2014

Reading Festival! Friday

This weeks post are going to be short and sweet since I am going to be busy but I thought I would just do a roundup of the artists I saw at Reading etc :)

Friday was the first day of the festival but it took us ages to get in for some unknown reason so by the time we got in we had missed most of Gerard Ways set on the NME/BBC Radio 1 stage. From what I saw he was still fab.
 We then walked over to the Festival Republic Stage to see Hudson Taylor and The Districts who I hadn't heard of before but turned out to be pretty good. T
Then we went off to have a good look around the shops since there was no one we wanted to see and I ended up getting some really nice silver rings while Deaf Havana played on the main stage.
 At 16:25 it was time to head over to watch Twin Atlantic (amazing as always) who belted out the favourites from the last and new album like Crash Land, Heart and Soul and Free. 
After that we settled down to watch Catfish and the Bottlemen with tea while a man was getting naked in the tent because the band dared him to. We also stayed to watch King Charles and his beautiful hair perform. 
We then ran over to the main stage to watch the beautiful Vampire Weekend play some of their most well known songs like Contra, Diane Young and (my favourite) Step. 
After moving out of the way and taking shelter by the disabled platform we watched Paramore. As they were playing the system went down so there was no sound but they got the mic working so Hayley song a song and accompanied by the audience and it ended perfectly with the sound slowly coming back as they finished the song. Unfortunately we didn't see the end of the set (or them play Ain't It Fun) because it was time for Metronomy! Their stage was a pretty pink cloud and the audience was serenaded with their electronic delights. After such a great performance it was back over to the Festival Republic Stage to watch the end of the Palma Violets set.

I am so sorry I haven't included any photos but they were all really bad so I'd best not.
Also next week I shall have normal posts to put up (they won't be holiday diaries or whatever) 
I hope you enjoyed the recount of my Friday at Reading, 
em,

No comments:

Post a Comment