Saturday 30 August 2014

Reading Festival! Sunday

Sunday was the last and most eventful day at the festival and one of my favourite bands 'The Kooks' were playing so I was SO excited :)

Sunday was supposed to start off with watching 'Emily's Army' (just because my name is Emily too) but instead we got nachos for breakfast (healthy right?) and watched the end of 'Flyt' and the start of 'The Royal Concept'.
I think it was about half one when I went on twitter and found that The Kooks were going to be at the signing tent so off we went to a merch stall and got ourselves a 'Down' T-Shirt and waited in the line for The Kooks. I was so excited I was shaking. When we got there we weren't allowed to take photos and we were only allowed to take one thing to sign which sucked, but, we could take photos as long as we weren't on the platform they were sat on so I waited till the end and tried to take a photo of them all as they left. Unfortunately they decided to stand up and leave at different times but I don't care I still got a photo of them up close :) They signed my T-Shirt and it is now my favourite thing in my wardrobe (I'm not going to wear it don't worry). 
After all that excitement we watched the end of Jungle's set which ended nicely I think with sounds of the jungle.
Then we went to the Alternative stage to watch Sean Walsh but ended up watching Paul McCaffrey too who was funnier than I thought he would be. Sean Walsh's set turned a nice way when everyone decided to clap along with him.
At 4:30 we went and watch Maverick Sabre on a whim and found he was really good.
The plan was to stay at that tent now until The Kooks started so we watch Schoolboy Q which I kinda liked even though I'm not really into that sort of music.
6:30 was the time The Kooks started playing so I got into the centre of the crowd as soon as I could. I don't really like crowds but I had decided I would cope so I could see them. However, the crowd that was forming for them was sooo big it was out of the tent and people kept pushing so I decided to get out and ended up watching from the outside quite away back so I barely heard them. There were people climbing up the tent posts and on the sign for the tent so I was glad I got out to be honest. But it doesn't matter that I didn't see them properly because I've got tickets for them when they play in November (I'm so excited).
The Sunshine Underground started playing in the Festival Republic tent so we went and watched them and had a good dance. 
Then it was time for The 1975 which we watched from outside the tent but they were still fabulous. They played all my favourites, 'The City', 'M.O.N.E.Y' and 'Chocolate'.
We finished the night sat watching Blink-182 who I don't think we as good live but we still had a good time singing along to 'I Miss You', 'Feeling This' and 'What's My Age Again?'.

No comments:

Post a Comment