Thursday 28 August 2014

Reading Festival! Saturday

Saturday was the second day of my Reading Festival adventure and turned out to be a lot busier than the Friday (in a very good way).

The first act of the day we went to see was The Hell. As you can tell it wasn't really a 'pop' band but I actually really like their music. I also like them as a band because they are so over the top with their the way they are and to be totally honest it makes me laugh. The sort of over the top where they bring a blow up dinosaur to their set and when someone popped it on accident and they demanded that security got them removed (they guy didn't actually get thrown out).
Then it was off for a calmer band, American Authors. To be totally honest we only went because I love the song 'Best Day Of My Life' but I have to admit I am falling for their other songs too. They finished their set with that song and it was one of the best feelings where a tent is filled with people sing the same words in harmony to each other.
At 15:05 it was time to excitably trot over to the main stage where I stood in awe of the whole of Peace's set (while getting continually knocked by people going into and out of the crowd). I think this had to be my second favourite performance of the day.
Back over at the Festival Republic tent it was time for Wolf Alice who blew me away to be honest. I somehow managed to get really close to stage and all my thoughts were taken away by the magic they produce live.
17:25 was the time that Foster The People started although I don't think we ended up watching most of the set as we were eating I think.
Then it was time for my favourite act of the day, Chvrches. I saw them live last year too which was magical but this year all I did was dance and sing my socks off to every song and I couldn't have asked for a better live performance by them.
Chvrches were followed up by Bombay Bicycle Club which was the point where some girl wiped loads of glow in the dark paint on my face. The music was great and I sat outside the tent watching them play.
To finish the night we stood at the back of the crowd watching the Arctic Monkeys (which was very far back). The crowd for the Arctic Monkeys filled the entire space in front of the main stage which was amazing. I was stood on the very edge of the crowd with a hot chocolate. Lush.

No comments:

Post a Comment