Friday 15 August 2014

Second Holiday, Days 5 & 6

On the 5th day we went into Whitby where I had the best milkshake I have ever had. I had a battenburg milkshake from a shop called 'Hippy Hippy Shake' and has now gone down as my favourite shop in Whitby. My dad also brought me some jet earrings which I LOVE. We were looking into this shop window and I saw the most perfect ring, its the parts of a watch and I haven't taken it off since I bought it.
We then went off to Robin Hoods Bay where we saw the most fascinating site, a rainbow with both its 'ends' visible! Unfortunately there was no pot of gold :(







We went back to Whitby afterwards for tea and decided to eat outside. Bad decision, I got attacked by flying ants and it was one of the worst experiences in my life.

---

On the Thursday we went to Nunnington Hall. In the hall there was a second hand bookshop with really cosy sofas which was lucky for me since I ended up spending half an hour on them waiting for my dad when he had actually gone a different way out and was waiting for me outside. We are great right? It didn't help that we had no signal to text each other our locations either. 


Since we left the hall quite early we decided to go to Rievaulx Abbey and it was so calm and peaceful there I found myself just sitting and absorbing it all.



There was loads of wildlife in the surround area and I managed to get a picture of this cute but petrified looking rabbit.


I also yet again managed to loose my dad here as I thought he had left and was waiting for me outside. But he was still inside so I had to wait on a gate for him. Lucky me. 


1 comment:

  1. Such pretty pictures

    http://elizabethslifestylediary.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete