Sunday 17 August 2014

Second Holiday, Days 7 & 8

On the 7th day we went down to Beningbrough Hall (along way down) and got caught in quite bad rain. And thunder. And lightning.


They weren't the only thing we got caught in. We sat in the conservatory hoping the weather would calm down a bit so we could get back to the car without getting soaked but since it was near closing time we got locked in the conservatory and I had to bang on the glass so someone would let us out. 



When we got back to Whitby the weather seemed to have worsened and we had planned on looking for an indian restaurant but we were soaked so instead I got my dad to take me up to the abbey so I could take some pictures. 

---

Then it was Saturday and time to go home and for me to misread the map and get us 'lost'.


About 1 hour later than expected we got to Bolsover Castle and I had one of the best slices of millionaires shortbread I have had in ages.


After a quick walk round we eventually got home and back to my cat who seemed to of missed me quite a lot (bless).

3 comments:

  1. I live near to whitby! Typical England with the rain haha :) x
    http://rachelcoco.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love Whitby (I also live close). It can be a great day if the weather is nice :)

    Alice x
    alzgalz.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  3. Cute photos! I was also caught in this storm while on holiday haha, isn't UK summer weather great?!

    I'm a new follower :)

    Efflorescent Dream
    xx

    ReplyDelete